Chinmaya Somnath Bala Vihar
“ He who submits to discipline is a DISCIPLE. ” – Swami Chinmayananda
Saturday Session Registration – OPEN
Sunday AM & PM Registration – CLOSED
We encourage you to pay by electronic check to avoid 2% additional charges. Please note that the additional charges will not go toward Chinmaya mission funds.
Saturday Session Registration – OPEN
Sunday AM & PM Registration – CLOSED.
Should you have any questions, please contact our membership team by sending email
CHINMAYA SOMNATH BALA VIHAR SESSIONS
Saturday Session 1 - 9:55 am to 11:30 am
- 9:55 am to 11:30 am: Assembly & Bala Vihar Classes
- 9:05 am to 9:45 am: Shloka
- 11:40 am to 12:20 pm: Hindi, Kannada and Telugu Classes
Sunday Session 1 - 9:25 am to 11:00 am
- 9:25 am to 11:00 am: Assembly & Bala Vihar Classes
- 11:10 am to 11:50 am: Language, Art and Performing Art
- 11:10 am to 11:50 am: Shloka
Sunday Session 2 - 12:00 pm - 1:35 pm
- 11:10 am to 11:50 am: Language, Art and Performing Art
- 12:00 pm to 1:35pm: Assembly & Bala Vihar Classes
- 1:45pm - 2:25pm: Shloka
- 1:45pm - 2:45pm: Tabla Classes (30 min each)
MEMBERSHIP REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS – 2016-17
Chinmaya Somnath Bala Vihar program at Chantilly, Virginia
Please follow the below instructions to register your family for the 2016-17 session. SAVE entries after each step.
STEP 1- LOG IN
1. Returning Members -
- If you registered for the 2015-16 Bala Vihar session, the same user ID and password can be used
- If you have forgotten your User ID and/or your Password, or you want to reset your password, click the appropriate link at the bottom of the Login screen •
- If you have not logged in during 2015-16 Bala Vihar session, use the same user ID, but the password needs to be reset.
2. New Members - Create a new login ID by clicking the "Create Your Account" button on the login page and follow the instructions on the next screen.
STEP 2 - ENTER FAMILY PROFILE
1. Returning Members - Ensure your family information, including all adults and children, is current in the system.
2. New Members - Create a family record for each family member including all adults and children.
STEP 3- REGISTER
1. Select your Session preferences in the Family Session Preference section.
2. Ensure grades (as of September 2016) of the children are entered accurately.
3. Select the program to be registered for each family member from the drop down menus.
4. Review your selections.
STEP 4 - PAYMENT
Payment should be made using one of the following online payment methods:
1. Electronic check (ACH) with the Mission bearing the cost of the transaction fee.
2. Credit card with the registrant bearing the transaction fee assessed by the third-party vendor (currently 2% but may be subject to change).
3. Enter all the required fields and click the Accept button.
4. An automated email will be generated to confirm your payment authorization from the secured payment site. This is not a confirmation of admission.
5. The date of submission of your online payment will be considered as the date of registration. Admissions will be confirmed from early July 2016.
Following are the policies for the Bala Vihar program. Should you have any questions, please contact our membership team by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org and help will be provided.
CHINMAYA MISSION WASHINGTON REGIONAL CENTER
4350 Blue Spring Rd, Chantilly, VA 20151
REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS 2016-2017
Hari Om! Welcome to a new year of Satsang!
To enable efficient processing, applicant registrations for Bala Vihar will only be accepted via the Online Registration System. Please read the following information carefully before registering online. The completed Registration with payment, via credit card or electronic check (ACH), is due by June 30th, of the enrolling year. If you have any questions, please email Suhashini Muthukrishnan or Murali Kadaveru or Srinivas Kurla at email@example.com
Our mission is to provide individuals from any background the wisdom of Vedanta and the practical means for spiritual growth and happiness, enabling them to become positive contributors to society. In the weekly Bala Vihar classes, children are provided a Vedantic education during their formative school years, emphasizing spirituality and values.
Every family, whether with children or without, whether an existing member or a new applicant for membership, is required to register using the Online Registration System. A child may not be enrolled without his/her parent’s enrollment and participation in the Adult Classes. Please note that at least one parent is required to attend the Adult Class while the children are in Bala Vihar. Children CANNOT be left at the Mission premises without a parent.
Age Requirement for Bala Vihar Children:
To participate in the 2016-2017 Bala Vihar program, students should be entering grades Pre-K to 12. Pre-K students should be toilet trained and at least three years old as of September 1st of the enrolling year.
When registering, please ensure that you provide a current and accurate e-mail address. Please inform us promptly if there is any change to your contact e-mail or home address. Most communications between CMWRC and its members, including weather- related cancellations, are handled via e-mail. It is therefore very important that we have your current e-mail address to keep you informed.
Admissions and Session Assignment:
Chinmaya Mission reserves the right to accept or reject admission requests. For admission and session assignment, we recommend early registration. Session assignment is on a first-come basis and subject to capacity limitations (class sizes, Hall Capacity, Parking Lot Capacity, etc.)
Please register early to increase the likelihood of being assigned to your first-choice session. Completion of online registration and payment does not imply that you have been admitted to your first-choice session. Decisions on admission and session assignment are made by the registration team per the criteria described earlier. Admission and session assignment will be confirmed to you by early August 2016.
Language, Shloka, Art and Performing Art classes:
Only enrolled members are entitled to register for Language, Shloka, Art and Performing Art classes. These students must be at least 6 years of age as of September 1st of the enrolling year. Certain classes are offered to children only. Please refer pledge schedule for more information. Our website will have more information on each class. www.chinmayasomnath.org
Member Enrichment Program - Toastmasters:
Chinmaya Somnath Toastmasters club is a registered toastmaster club under district 29. CMWRC members can benefit from this initiative for their personal growth. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org details to join the club.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
· For cancellations of registrations on or before September 30, full refund of the pledge amount will be given. The Mission will not refund any credit card processing fee incurred by the registrant. A family canceling membership after September 30 will not be entitled to any refund of the pledges paid.
· For late registrants after September 30, they will have 15 days from the date of registration for cancellation with 50% refund. Thereafter, no refund will be made.
a. The family's contact information provided to the Mission will be used only for internal purposes. If any of this information is to be used in flyers, websites or other publicity material, we will do so only with your permission. b. From time to time, for publicity purposes, CMWRC will publish photos of members taken at different Mission sessions or events, without identifying the members. If we have to identify the members, we will do so only with your prior permission.
RULE OF CONDUCT
Important Notes For Parents
1. With the grace of Bhagavan and Sri Gurudev, Bala Vihar instills in children an appreciation of the play of the Divine in our lives. Trained volunteer parent-teachers provide children a Vedanta-based education that emphasizes spirituality and values, so that they grow up prepared to lead productive and fulfilling lives. Children also learn about the rich cultural heritage of India through the medium of stories, drama, arts and crafts, and discussion.
2. At least one parent (if not both) must attend the Adult Class on Bhagavad Gita while the Bala Vihar classes for children are in session.
3. To facilitate effective learning, parents are NOT permitted in class unless pre-arranged with the Teacher and the Bala Vihar Coordinator/Director.
4. The Bala Vihar Coordinator/Director may routinely attend Bala Vihar classes to evaluate the curriculum and for teacher training.
5. Once or twice a year Bala Vihar teachers will hold a parent/teacher conference. The teachers will update parents on class progress and the topics covered. The purpose of the parent/teacher conference is to facilitate ongoing parental involvement with the child’s learning.
6. Please bring your children to Bala Vihar classes regularly and on time. To maximize learning and to respect the significant effort teachers put in to prepare for class, please ensure that children attend class regularly and that absences are few and far between, and only due to unavoidable reasons such as illness or other emergencies.
7. Please notify the teacher(s) before class if your child is going to be absent. In the event of sudden illness or emergency, please notify the teacher(s) as soon as possible. The telephone numbers and email addresses of teachers provided may be used for this purpose.
8. All children should be well rested and have a nourishing meal before attending Bala Vihar. This fosters better learning.
9. Please ensure that children come to class prepared with their Bala Vihar notebook, My Prayers book, and other book(s) in their syllabus, pencil and crayons (for younger children) or colored pens.
10. During Mission programs other than Bala Vihar (monthly Bhajan nights, etc.), parents are responsible for their children’s behavior. Please teach children to respect the sanctity of the facility by maintaining silence during these programs, not running in the building, dropping trash in trashcans, putting books and games away, etc.
11. At home, please help children practice and memorize Stotrams and Prayers they are learning in class. (Audio tapes are available in the Bookstore for most prayers).
12. Feel free to discuss your child’s progress or needs, or any concerns or questions you may have, with the Bala Vihar teacher(s) or Coordinator. We encourage and value parental involvement and input.
13. Each classroom needs at least two parent-volunteers to help organize occasional field trips, socials, and other special activities. Please contact the classroom teacher if you would like to volunteer.
14. The dress code for Bala Vihar is provided on the preceding page. Parents are encouraged to follow the dress code and set an example for children. In winter, children are urged to wear sweaters and socks to class.
15. Chinmaya Mission will use e-mail to convey information about schedule changes, other programs, or snow dates. Please inform us if your e-mail address changes.