Camp Schedule (subject to change)
The Chinmaya Mission Summer Camp (SC) offers children a summertime filled with fun and learning led by a strong team of Acharyas (teachers) from all over the world. Here are some of the activities the children enjoy during the Summer Camp are chanting Shlokas and Bhajans, inspiring stories from the scriptures, indoor games, dance and drama, outdoor sports, “Fun Fridays” and much more.
Sample Daily Schedule
Children entering Grades 1 through 8 (rising grade) as of September 1, 2019.
July 22– August 16, 2019
Chinmaya Somnath, 4350 Blue Spring Drive, Chantilly, VA 20151.
Camp timings: 8:45 AM to 4:45 PM, Monday through Friday.
Drop off time: 8:30 AM to 8:45 AM.
Pick up time: 4:45 PM – 5:30 PM.
Children must be picked up promptly.
A late fee will be assessed if children are not picked up in a timely manner
Procedure for absences, late drop-off, and early pick-up
Facility Doors will remain locked from 8:45 am to 4:40 pm. If you need to drop your child off or pick your child up between these times, you must call the summer camp number so that someone can let you in.
Please remember to sign your child in and out daily.
Occasionally you may find it necessary to pick up your child from camp before the end of the regular camp day. On such days you must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the summer camp number (703-378-2899) for camp sevaks to make arrangements for your child to be let out of their respective activities.
PLEASE NOTE: Chanting with Swamiji begins at 4:00 PM. Once in, your child will not be pulled out of the chanting session until it is complete. Please contact the camp sevaks to arrange for early pickup before 4:00 PM.
Please send an email to email@example.com, if your child will be absent from camp.
Chinmaya Somnath Immersion Summer Camp will offer extended care for up to 10 camp students. Please enroll early (via the registration) in order to reserve your spot in aftercare.
- After Care Timings: 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
- After Care Fees: $50 per week
Camp Fees and Deposit
- Early Registration (till March 31, 2019): $1200.00
- Registration (from April 1, 2019): $1400.00
- Sibling Discount: $100.00
- Parent Time Contribution Security Deposit: $150.00
Note: Summer camp could be considered for Child Care Credit Form 2441. For eligibility, please consult your tax adviser.
- Withdrawal On or Before March 24, 2019: Full Refund (less $100 administration fee per child)
- Withdrawal between March 25, 2019, and May 7, 2019: 50% Refund
- Withdrawal On or After May 8, 2019: No Refund
Camp students are required to wear their camp t-shirt every day.
Each student will receive two t-shirts. Please be sure to indicate size selection on your registration form.
You can order 1 additional T-shirt at the time of registration. For ordering more T-shirts please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Parent Time Contribution
The summer camp is run entirely by volunteers. To aid the volunteers, each family is required to contribute time on one day.
1. At the time of registration, several dates will be given to choose from. The registration form will not be complete without a selection. We will try our best to accommodate the first choice provided by the parents.
2. As part of the registration process parents, a $150 Parent Time Contribution Deposit will be authorized. This deposit will be activated for payment ONLY if the time contribution is not fulfilled. Once charged this fee is non-refundable. If a parent cannot provide the time contribution, an advance payment of $150 can be authorized at the time of registration. This fee is non-refundable even if, at a later date, the parent would like to contribute time on a Friday.
Swamiji’s Bhiksha Guidelines
Camp families can offer Bhiksha to Swamiji during the course of the camp. Bhiksha can also be offered to Swamiji also at the residence of the host family. Please CONTACT US for more information
Please click here for detailed SWAMIJI’S BHIKSHA GUIDELINES
NOTE: Bhiksha offering to Swamiji is NOT A MANDATORY requirement for your child to attend the camp.