******REGISTRATION CLOSED FOR 2018!!!******
YOUTH VOLUNTEER COUNSELOR GUIDELINES AND APPLICATION (Chinmayam, Silver Spring, MD)
If you are a rising 9th – 12th grade Balavihar student, we would love to have you as a Youth Volunteer for our annual Chinmayam Summer Camp! The application for being a 2018 Chinmayam Summer Camp Youth Volunteer can be found here: https://goo.gl/forms/0mkvpUrnXn75r6Rl1.
Please note that applications will be reviewed as they are submitted. There are limited spots available, and registration will be closed once all of the spots are filled. Make sure you get your application in as soon as possible!
If you have any questions about the Youth Volunteer program or application, please contact Vinay Mallikaarjun at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read the following Youth Volunteer Code of Conduct:
As a Youth Volunteer, you agree to the following:
1. As a Youth Volunteer, you will arrive at the camp in the morning no later than the time assigned to you by the camp administrators.
2. As a Youth Volunteer, you will leave the camp in the afternoon no earlier than the time assigned to you by the camp administrators.
3. At no point during the day will you use your phone for any reason, unless a camp adult allows you to.
4. As a Youth Volunteer, you agree to treat everyone (Swamiji, all camp administrators, all camp teachers, all campers, all fellow Youth Volunteers) with kindness and respect.
5. As a Youth Volunteer, you agree to perform all tasks that are assigned to you by Swamiji, the camp teachers, and/or the camp administrators (including but not limited to: helping teachers with classes, responsibly supervising groups of children, various chores around the ashram, etc.) to the best of your ability.
6. As a Youth Volunteer, you will under no circumstance use any foul language or indecent behavior while present at the camp.
7. As a Youth Volunteer, you agree to perform the tasks asked of you by camp administrators or camp teachers to the best of your abilities.
8. As a Youth Volunteer, you agree to attend the mandatory orientation sessions.
As a Youth Volunteer, the failure to comply with any of the above criteria will result in one strike. The camp administrators maintain the final say on what does or does not warrant one strike. If you accumulate three strikes throughout the course of the four weeks, the camp administrators reserve the right to dismiss you from your service as a Youth Volunteer without any further deliberation.
Registration Closed for 2018!