Chinmaya Somnath Bala Vihar
2020-2021 Bala Vihar session Now Open!!
2020-21 Bala Vihar Session Starts on
Friday Session: September 11th at 6:45 PM
Sunday Sessions: September 13th – 9:15 AM and 12.15 PM
*** Important Message ***
CHINMAYA SOMNATH BALA VIHAR SESSIONS
MEMBERSHIP REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS
Chinmaya Somnath Bala Vihar program at Chantilly, Virginia
NOTE : Please Save your entries after each step.
Please follow the below instructions to register your family for the Bala Vihar session. The new registration system is responsive to mobile devices. We expect less than 5 min to complete your registration. Please have a mode of payment ready before you start the registration process.
Step 1- Login
Login screen as shown in the below screen has two buttons "Login" and “Create Your Account” buttons. The new system will send Online Transaction Passcode (OTP) to your login email. This is an important step from a security point of view. OTP is required each time you log in.
In case you do not remember your password, please use Forgot Password, Forgot User ID or Forgot User ID & Password link. You can also change the password if you wish. If these buttons and links do not help with your login, please send an email to our technical support team at email@example.com.
- Returning Members
- If you registered for the current enrolling year Bala Vihar session, the same user ID and password should be used.
- If you have forgotten your User ID and/or your Password, or you want to reset your password, click the appropriate link at the bottom of the Login screen shown above.
- If you have not logged in during the previous year's Bala Vihar session, use the same user ID, but the password needs to be reset.
- New Members - Create a new login ID by clicking the button on the login page and follow the instructions on the next screen
Step 2 - Update Family profile
Family Profile can be accessed from the Dashboard.
- Returning Members - Ensure your family information, including all adults and children, is currently in the system.
- Ensure grades (as of September of the current enrolling year) of the children are entered accurately.
- New Members - Create a family record for each family member including all adults and children.
- Registration Type for a child who has graduated high school (as of September) should be specified as Youth.
Step 3- Register Classes
- Select your Session preferences in the Session Preference section on the Dashboard
- Register for classes using the Program Registration link within the Dashboard.Select each family member
- Add any of the available classes
- Click Save & Next button
- Review your selections and Proceed to Payment
Step 4 – Payment
On the Payment page, review Rules of Conduct and accept the Liability release before proceeding to Payment options. Payment should be made using one of the following online payment methods:
- Electronic check (ACH) with the Mission bearing the cost of the transaction fee.
- Credit card with the registrant bearing the 3% transaction fee assessed by the third-party vendor.
- Enter all the required fields and click the Accept
- An automated email will be generated to confirm your payment authorization from the secured payment site. This is not a confirmation of admission.
The date of submission of your online payment will be considered as the date of registration. Admissions will be confirmed by early August of the enrolling year.
** We encourage you to pay by electronic check to avoid 3% additional charges. Please note that the additional charges will not go toward Chinmaya mission funds. **
Note for Arpanam donors:
Step 5 - Seva
- After payment processing is complete, you will be redirected to choose volunteering options. We encourage you to opt for volunteering (Seva) for the activity of your choice and interest. Please note that volunteering is optional. To exit from the Seva screen, please click on the menu on the top or simply logout from the application.
- Should you have any questions, please contact our membership team by sending email Email Registration Team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Information changed or name or last name spelled incorrectly?
Please login to the registration system and update your family profile. You can update the Address, Phone Number, Emergency Contact, and Email Address. Please note that most of our communication with the members is via email. Please be sure to provide the correct email address for adult members who are designated as Primary Contact for your family. It is important that you receive announcements on the Chinmaya Mission programs. We strongly recommended that all adult members in your family provide the email address. This will allow our Sevak teachers and/or program coordinators (sevak) to communicate with you.
To enable efficient processing, applicant registrations for Bala Vihar will only be accepted via the Online Registration System. Please read the following information carefully before registering online.
If you have any questions, please email registration team at email@example.com.
Our mission is to provide individuals from any background the wisdom of Vedanta and the practical means for spiritual growth and happiness, enabling them to become positive contributors to society. In the weekly Bala Vihar classes, through absorbing stories, games, plays, and songs, children are provided a Vedantic education during their formative school years, emphasizing spirituality and values.
Every family, whether with children or without, whether an existing member or a new applicant for membership, is required to register using the Online Registration System. A child may not be enrolled without his/her parent’s enrollment and participation in the Adult Classes. Please note that at least one parent is required to attend the Adult Class while the children are in Bala Vihar. Children CANNOT be left at the Mission premises without a parent.
Age Requirement for Bala Vihar Children
To participate in the Bala Vihar program, students should be entering grades Pre-K to 12. Pre-K students should be toilet trained and at least three years old as of September 1, enrolling year.
For cancellations of registrations on or before September 30, full refund of the pledge amount will be given. The Mission will not refund any credit card processing fee incurred by the registrant. A family canceling membership after September 30 will not be entitled to any refund of the pledges paid. For late registrants after September 30, they will have 15 days from the date of registration for cancellation with 50% refund. Thereafter, no refund will be made.
The family's contact information provided to the Mission will be used only for internal purposes. If any of this information is to be used in flyers, websites or other publicity material, we will do so only with your permission.
From time to time, for publicity purposes, CMWRC will publish photos of members taken at different Mission sessions or events, without identifying the members. If we have to identify the members, we will do so only with your prior permission.
Please register early to increase the likelihood of being assigned to your first-choice session. Admission and session assignment will be confirmed to you by early August.
Performing Arts and Language
Only children enrolled in Bala Vihar are eligible to enroll in Performing Arts and Language classes. Students must be at least 6 years of age as of September of the current enrolling year. Registered adult members can enroll in select Performing Arts classes subject to availability of seats after admitting children. Non-members can enroll in select Language and Performing Arts classes. For more information on Language and Performing Arts classes please visit our website https://cmwrc.chinmayadc.org/chinmaya-somnath-chapter/program-offerings/enrichment-programs/
Sevaks (volunteers) are critical to the operation of the chapter and programs. Chinmaya Mission is a volunteer run organization. Every member is highly encouraged to serve the mission in their area of interests, based on their skills and expertise. Selfless dedicated service is the foundation for spiritual growth. Any amount of time and commitment offered in seva is welcome.
When registering, please ensure that you provide a current and accurate e-mail address. Please inform us promptly if there is any change to your contact e-mail or home address. Most communications between CMWRC and its members, including weather- related cancellations, are handled via e-mail.
Admissions and Session Assignment:
Chinmaya Mission reserves the right to accept or reject admission requests. For admission and session assignment, we recommend early registration. Session assignment is on a first-come basis and subject to capacity limitations (class sizes, Hall Capacity, Parking Lot Capacity, etc.)
Language, Shloka, Art and Performing Art classes:
Only enrolled members are entitled to register for Language, Shloka, Art and Performing Art classes. These students must be at least 6 years of age as of September 1st of the enrolling year. Certain classes are offered to children only. Please refer pledge schedule for more information. Our website will have more information on each class. www.chinmayasomnath.org
Member Enrichment Program - Toastmasters:
Chinmaya Somnath Toastmasters club is a registered toastmaster club under district 29. CMWRC members can benefit from this initiative for their personal growth. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org details to join the club.
Membership Registration Options
Membership and Bala Vihar Registration
RULE OF CONDUCT
Important Notes For Parents
1. With the grace of Bhagavan and Sri Gurudev, Bala Vihar instills in children an appreciation of the play of the Divine in our lives. Trained volunteer parent-teachers provide children a Vedanta-based education that emphasizes spirituality and values so that they grow up prepared to lead productive and fulfilling lives. Children also learn about the rich cultural heritage of India through the medium of stories, drama, arts and crafts, and discussion.
2. Both parents (if not, at least one parent) must attend the Vedanta Class while the Bala Vihar classes for children are in session. An attendance will be taken during the Vedanta class. Parents who do not comply with this requirements will be required to meet with Acharyas once notified.
3. To facilitate effective learning, parents are NOT permitted in class unless pre-arranged with the Teacher and the Bala Vihar Coordinator/Director.
4. The Bala Vihar Coordinator/Director may routinely attend Bala Vihar classes to evaluate the curriculum and for teacher training.
5. Once or twice a year Bala Vihar teachers will hold a parent/teacher conference. The teachers will update parents on class progress and the topics covered. The purpose of the parent/teacher conference is to facilitate ongoing parental involvement with the child’s learning.
6. Please bring your children to Bala Vihar classes regularly and on time. To maximize learning and to respect the significant effort teachers put in to prepare for class, please ensure that children attend class regularly and that absences are few and far between, and only due to unavoidable reasons such as illness or other emergencies.
7. Please notify the teacher(s) before class if your child is going to be absent. In the event of sudden illness or emergency, please notify the teacher(s) as soon as possible. The telephone numbers and email addresses of teachers provided may be used for this purpose.
8. All children should be well rested and have a nourishing meal before attending Bala Vihar. This fosters better learning.
9. Please ensure that children come to class prepared with their Bala Vihar notebook, My Prayers book, and other books in their syllabus, pencil, and crayons (for younger children) or colored pens.
10. During Mission programs other than Bala Vihar (monthly Bhajan nights, etc.), parents are responsible for their children’s behavior. Please teach children to respect the sanctity of the facility by maintaining silence during these programs, not running in the building, dropping trash in trash cans, putting books and games away, etc.
11. At home, please help children practice and memorize assembly prayers they are learning in class.
12. Feel free to discuss your child’s progress or needs, or any concerns or questions you may have, with the Bala Vihar teacher(s) or Coordinator. We encourage and value parental involvement and input.
13. Each classroom needs at least two parent volunteers to help organize occasional field trips, socials, and other special activities. Please contact the classroom teacher if you would like to volunteer.
14. The dress code for Bala Vihar is provided on the preceding page. Parents are encouraged to follow the dress code and set an example for children. In winter, children are urged to wear sweaters and socks to class.
15. Chinmaya Mission will use e-mail to convey information about schedule changes, other programs, or snow dates. Please inform us if your e-mail address changes.
Will provide Book List when available.
Should you have any questions, please contact our membership team by sending email Email Registration Team