This is the need of the hour. In these uncertain times, anxiety is running high for many, food supplies may be running low, schools closed, significant risk of exposure in places such as supermarkets, many of our vulnerable neighbors find themselves in even more difficult situation.
Being true to our pledge “giving more than what we take” Let us reach out and help our neighbors – seniors, homeless and children, who are going hungry.
- Strictly Vegetarian
- Boxed, Bagged, Canned and other non-perishables
- Unexpired, Unopened
- Smaller sized items so they can be easily distributed to needy families
Food Collection Points
- During the current period when our facilities are closed
- Chinmaya Somnath – 4350 Blue Spring Dr., Chantilly, VA 20151 (before dropping off food items please contact Vani Yama ji at firstname.lastname@example.org or text (703) 869-5039 and confirm)
- Kailas Niwas front porch -46 Norwood Road, Silver Spring, MD 20905 (before dropping off please call Dharmaraj Raghavan ji at (301) 928-7753 and confirm)
- Once we resume full operations
- Chinmaya Somnath – 4350 Blue Spring Dr, Chantilly, VA 20151 – On Sundays between 9:00am and 3:00pm
- Kailas Niwas front porch – 46 Norwood Road, Silver Spring MD 20905 – on Sundays between 9:00am and 3:00pm
Sponsorship for the Food Purchase
- Many members prefer to sponsor for the program and make monetary contribution. With the donated funds the sevaks can purchase nonperishable food items and deliver to Manna in Maryland and in Northern Virginia, prepare meals for delivery or deliver food supplies to NVFS or Dulles South Food Pantry
- Assisting Dharmaraj Raghavan with food collection from members and delivery to outlets such as Manna in MD counties
- Assisting Vani Yama in serving at Northern Virginia Family Services and Dulles South Food Pantry in Northern Virginia. Bala Vihar children are encouraged to join parents in serving our neighbors.
- Assisting in purchase of food.
Join the Team
- We invite members to take up lead roles to expand our outreach to more of our neighbors in counties in and around Washington DC.
How to Donate/Sponsor
- Donate/sponsor via check, online e-check (preferred mode), or online credit-card. Every dollar will help. Many families sponsor in memory of a loved one, or to mark a special occasion.
- Make Checks payable to CMWRC, with Memo: “Food for the Needy” and pass it on to Chapter Directors or Vani at Chinmaya Somnath or Dharmaraj at Chinmayam.
- All donations are recognized towards Arpanam pledge so please sign up for Arpanam Pledge as well.
- Email: AnnaDaanaTeam@chinmayadc.org
- Northern Virginia – Vani Yama at email@example.com or text (703) 869-5039
- Montgomery County Maryland – Dharmaraj Raghavan at (301) 928-7753