Online Summer Camp 2020 FAQ
1. What is the schedule of the CMWRC Camp?
1 PM – 2 PM: Lunch and Monitored Social Time
2 PM – 3 PM: Activity Oriented Class
3 PM – 4 PM: Chanting with Swamiji
Activities include Art with Art Team, Dance with Lucky Didi, Yoga with Ms.Chelsea, and Athletics with Coach Khalid.
2. If I am already registered for the in-person camp, do I have to pay gain for the online CMWRC camp?
No, there is no additional payment if you are transferring to the online camp. After the transfer is complete the balance of the in-person camp fee will be mailed to you via check within 2 weeks.
3. Is there a sibling discount and what is the refund policy?
Yes, a $100 sibling discount is available.
Withdrawal and Refund Policy is available on our website.
Refund and Camp Withdrawal On or Before June 1st, 2020: Full Refund (less $100 administration fee per child)
Withdrawal On or After June 1st, 2020: No Refund
(If you would like to withdraw sooner due to financial hardship, please reach out to us to waive the fee.)
Please Note: Violation of any of the terms and conditions will result in the cancellation of enrollment without a refund.
4. Do we have to register for the e-Bala Vihar camp separately or is it part of the CMWRC camp registration?
The national camp registration is separate from the registration for the CMWRC camp. Even if you were registered for the in-person camp you have to register for the e-Bala Vihar camp separately. You can find the
registration for the e-Bala Vihar camp here.
5. What is the difference between the morning and afternoon camps? Will they be covering the same material?
Though the theme is the same the content is very different.
The morning camp will have 30 minutes of yoga, 1 hour of class on the theme of Mahabharata, and a rotating activity each day for the last 30
In the afternoon they will have lunch and monitored social time from 1-2 pm and then an activity/project-driven class with the dance, art, yoga or athletics instructor from 2-3 pm. The instruction will be live with a focus on movement and working with their hands. The students will then meet with the bhajan teachers and Swamiji for bhajan, chanting, and stories and their significance. They will end the day with Swamiji after closing prayers.
6. If my child is attending the e-BV Camp, when will they have lunch?
Lunch and monitored social time are from 1 PM and 2 PM. This allows students to attend one camp and be ready for the next one.
7. Do the children have any activities that involve movement?
The children will have a dynamic 3 hours during the camp. This involves athletic activity with Coach K and dance class with Lucky Didi and her team and Yoga with Ms. Chelsea.
8. Will there be an orientation for parents and/or a time for us to test
out our equipment?
Yes, we plan to host a virtual parent orientation, mock class & tech-check on Saturday, June 6th.
9. Can children have snacks during the camp?
The children have a monitored lunch and social hour and the coordinators encourage the children to eat during this time. No food is allowed during class though they can snack and go to the bathroom between classes.
10. For the Gita Chanting and other bhajans etc. where do I find the information. Is Google my best bet?
All the verses for chanting, bhajans, closing, opening, and prayers before meals will be included in the binder that will be provided to the families before camp begins. It will also include activity sheets and likhita japa sheets for the students to do on a daily basis.
11. How will students do art projects without materials? Will we be expected to provide our own materials?
Every camper will receive a box of materials that include supplies for art projects, equipment for athletics, and their camp binder. Families are NOT expected to provide their own material. These boxes will be available for contactless pick-up on Sunday, June 7th.
12. What about athletics? I have a 1st grader and an 8th grader will they be doing the same exercises. What about equipment for the exercises?
The exercises and routines will be based on the age and developmental abilities of each age group. This will mean some overlap and some unique routines. Any specialized equipment needed for the routine will be provided to the families prior to the start of camp.
13. Will the children practice dance?
Yes, each week the children will follow a schedule that includes dance class with Lucky Didi.
14. Does the program include Yoga session for the children?
Yes, this year’s summer camp program does feature Yoga.
15. When can we pick up the materials for summer camp (athletic equipment, art supplies, binder)?
These boxes will be available for contactless pick-up on Sunday, June 7th.
16. Do the children participate in a finale similar to the prior year program?
In light of the COVID-19 situation, we looking into a virtual finale. More information will be posted on our webpage soon.
Youth Volunteer Program
1. What will be the responsibilities of Youth Volunteers?
Youth Volunteers will be volunteering from 1-4 pm. They will be expected to attend Zoom classes with the campers where they will be monitoring behavior and offering assistance as needed.
2. Will Youth Volunteers still receive service hours?
Yes, Youth Volunteers will still earn community service hours for volunteering from 1-4 pm on the days that they volunteer.
3. Do the Youth Volunteers need to attend ALL the 9 weeks of the National (CMW) Camp or do they need to attend only the 4 weeks (or part of the 4 weeks) that they are volunteering for in the CMWRC camp?
We suggest that volunteers attend all 9 weeks of the national camp to take advantage of the educational opportunity. However, we only ask that they certify their attendance for the weeks they are serving. For example, if you volunteer during weeks 1 and 3, certification will only be required for weeks 1 and 3 though we suggest you attend all 9 weeks.
4. Will there be youth volunteers helping with Chinmaya Blossoms this year?
No, Youth Volunteers will not be volunteering with the Chinmaya Blossoms camp.