CMWRC Youth Camp 2023
The CMWRC Youth Camp 2023 offers youth (rising ninth graders through rising college freshmen) a week filled with fun and learning led by Shri Vivek of Chinmaya Niagara. It is a week-long all day camp for youth from all over the country and beyond, with meals and accommodation included in the registration fee for out-of-town campers.
Important Camp Information
Camp will be In-person. Camp students must attend the entire camp.
For rising ninth graders to rising freshmen as of Sep 2023
Theme: Embracing Discomfort
The CMWRC Youth Camp offers youth a week filled with fun and learning led by Vivekji of Chinmaya Niagara. Some of the activities the youth will enjoy during the Youth Camp are discourses by Vivekji , and Shankarji, athletics, movie time, seva and art activities, a field trip, and much more.
July 24, 2023- July 28, 2023
$301 (On/Before May 31st)
$351 (June 1st – June 30th)
$401 (July 1st till camp start)
$50 Sibling discount
- Discourses by Vivekji and Shankarji on embracing discomfort.
- Question and answer time with the teachers where the campers can ask any questions in a safe environment in small groups or individually
- Athletics for an hour each day
- Movie time
- Seva activities – engage in seva by helping in different activities of
the Chinmaya Mission ashram for about hour each day
- Field trip to a local community farm or park where the campers will learn
the importance of doing community service in addition to some fun games and
a picnic lunch
- Lunch and snacks included on all days and finale dinner included on July
28 with family
Chinmaya Somnath, 4350 Blue Spring Drive, Chantilly, VA 20151.
Out of town campers will be hosted by loving local families and all meals will be provided.
Camp Dates and Timings
July 24, 2023- July 28, 2023
9 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday.
There will be a camp finale on July 28th .
Camp Procedure for absences, late drop-off, and early pick-up
Facility Doors will remain locked from 8:45 am to 4:40 pm. If you need to drop your camper off or pick her/him up between these times, you must call the camp number so that someone can let you in.
Campers, please remember to sign in and out daily.
Occasionally you may find it necessary to pick up your camper from camp before the end of the regular camp day. On such days you must send an email to email@example.com for the camp sevaks to make arrangements for your camper to be let out of their respective activities.
Absences : Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hygiene, Behavior Expectations and Responsibility
- Camp students are responsible for their actions.
- Respect: Camp students must respect themselves, other camp students, youth volunteers and adults. They must also be respectful of camp equipment, facilities, and the environment.
- Caring and Cooperation: Camp students will show kindness to their fellow camp students and adults and abide by camp rules.
- Honesty: Honesty will be the basis of all camp interactions.
Campers from all over the US and beyond are welcome to register! Hosting with safe, loving local families is included in the registration and all meals will be provided for out-of-town campers.
- $301 (On/Before May 31st)
- $351 (June 1st – June 30th)
- $401 (July 1st till camp start)
- $50 Sibling discount
- E-check (ACH) with no additional processing fees.
- Pay by credit card with a processing fee of 3% of the total due amount that will be charged to the member.
Cancellation On or Before June 30, 2023- Full refund (less $25 per registration)
Cancellation After June 30, 2023 – No refund.
Cancellation requests must be submitted by filling out the form here with valid reason.
The refund check will be made and mailed to the address provided in the cancellation request form.
Recognized as a singular voice among contemporary spiritual teachers, Shri Vivek invites people of all ages to pursue lives of purpose and independent joy. Over the last fifteen years, Vivekji’s unique blend of formal monastic training with the hard-earned wisdom of life experience has made philosophy relevant and reachable across cultures and generations.
Shri Shankar was born and raised in Pittsburgh, PA. When Shankarji learned that there exists a permanent state of independent joy accessible to all, this one idea took hold of his mind and completely reshaped his priorities.
In an effort to abide in this state of independent joy, he sought to gain clarity in understanding this Supreme Knowledge by studying in the Vedanta course under a guru and completed the course under the guidance of Swami Prakashananda in November of 2018 and is now residing and serving in the Pittsburgh area.