Swamiji and Friends: Fun at Camp
Camp in a Minute
CMWRC 2020 Online Summer Camp
Chinmayam, Chinmaya Frederick and Chinmaya Somnath will have a combined virtual summer camp. The curriculum has been redesigned for the virtual camp to combine best of the in-person camp along with new activities tuned for the virtual learning under Swami Dheerananda ji’s guidance.
All students must register for the online summer camp.
Those who were previously registered for the in person summer camp can click on the button indicating “Transferring to Online Camp”. No additional payment needed.
All others please use the “New Registrations: Register Here” button.
The Chinmaya Mission Summer Camp (SC) will continue to offer children a summer time filled with fun and learning Here are some of the activities the children can look forward to during the Summer Camp –
- Geeta Chanting with Swami ji (including preparation for the Global Geeta Chanting Competition)
- Mahabharata based theme classes with Swami ji
- Shlokas and Bhajans
- Stories and their significance
- Live Dance Lessons
- Athletics (equipment provided by the camp)
- Art (supplies provided by the camp)
- Physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual growth of our children, imparting to them our ancient eternal wisdom, values and culture. At the same time, the Summer Camp creates awareness of excellence in studies and allows them to discover the excitement of summer time through fun, play and creativity.
Children entering Grades 1 through 8 (rising grade) as of September 1, 2020.
- Jun 15 – Jul 10, 2020
- Optional 2 week extension after July 10, 2020
Camp timings: 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
- 1 PM – 2 PM: Lunch and Monitored Social Time
- 2 PM – 3 PM: Activity Oriented Class
- 3 PM – 4 PM: Chanting with Swamiji
- Who: Swami Dheeranandaji
- What: Bhagavad Gita and Bhajans
- Why: Satsang with Swamins and Teachers, Spiritual learning, Art, Yoga, Dance, Athletics, and other activities
- Eligibility: Rising 1st Grade – Rising 8th Grade
Virtual Camp Link will be sent separately after registration.
- Clothes: T-shirts should not have any inappropriate pictures or text. If shorts are used, they should be longer and come up to the knees. For girls, leggings must be worn underneath skirts and skirts should be knee length or below.
What Is Needed:
- A device with a microphone and a camera (Requirement)
- A device with a keyboard is recommended
- No cell phones
- Reliable internet connection
What Is Included
The camp fee includes
- A camp binder
- Athletic gear
Camp Fees and Deposit
- Registration: $400.00
- Optional (bi-weekly extension until August 7th) : $200
- Sibling Discount: $100
Withdrawal and Refund Policy
- Withdrawal On or Before June 1st, 2020: Full Refund (less $100 administration fee per child)
- Withdrawal On or After June 1st, 2020: No Refund
(If you would like to withdraw sooner due to financial hardship, please reach out to us to waive the fee.)
PLEASE NOTE: Violation of any of the terms and conditions will result in the cancellation of enrollment without a refund.
Please submit a form to request withdrawal from the camp and a summer camp Sevak will reach out to you.
Behavior Expectations and Responsibility:
Camp students are responsible for their actions.
Respect: Camp students must respect themselves, youth volunteers, other camp students and adults, camp equipment and facilities, and the environment.
Caring and Cooperation: Camp students will show kindness to their fellow camp students and adults and abide by camp rules.
Honesty: Honesty will be the basis of all camp interactions.